5 Branding Mistakes You Need to Avoid
Creative entrepreneurs know that it's important to have a strong brand, but many underestimate the process of how to get there. Successful branding is more than just throwing fonts and colors together to create a logo. It's strategic planning, market research, understanding of your brand's "voice" and working closely with professionals who understand branding and design. Here are some tips on what to avoid when establishing your brand:
- Inconsistent brand imaging. Establish a brand style guide. Your style guide should include: a logo, brand colors, tag lines, typography, the "voice" used in your branded materials and imagery. A consistent brand builds trust with your audience.
- Not planning your brand story. I get it. You're eager to push your new business out of the nest and let it fly. Before you pull the trigger, take some time to plan out your brand story. What audience are you trying to reach? Once you know your audience, you'll have a better idea of how to market your business.
- Difficult to navigate website. This is a no-brainer. Your website is designed to get you hired. You won't get hired if a potential customer cannot read about your services or find where to contact you.
- Skimping on your investment. As a young business, sure, you're on a tight budget. Investing in your brand can increase the longevity of your business. Scrimp and save some pennies. Take the plunge and hire a professional. Don't pay for a pre-made logo. There are bound to be 10 other people out there with the same logo. Yikes! A professional designer will know how to translate your story into visuals that will help you stand out in your industry.
- Ignoring social media. These days, there's a new social media platform popping up every day. Okay, that might be an exaggeration. But social media is huge and one of the best ways to get increase your brand visibility. Interact with your followers. Reply when they send you a comment. Let your followers know you care and are appreciate of their interactions.
Building a strong brand requires investment - both time and money. With the proper attention, you will find that your efforts will pay off tenfold. Have you decided it's time for a rebrand? Schedule a free phone consultation with me to discuss how we can take your brand to the next level.