Last Modified: October 11, 2016
Holly Meyer Design, Inc. ("Company," "we," or “us”) is a boutique studio specializing in branding and web design for the most passionate and creative entrepreneurs around. We respect your privacy, and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy (“Policy”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.hollymeyerdesign.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Through this Website, for example, via contact forms or client intake forms.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic exchanges between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries, if any).
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to, or on, the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, or on or through any of its features/functionality, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website,
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and your website information ("personal information");
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and
We collect this information:
- When you directly provide it to us
- Automatically, via data analytics technologies, as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided via our contact form, our client intake form, and our newsletter sign-up form. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons if you choose to share this information publicly or with other Users.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you interact with our Website we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
Please note: “Do Not Track” is a preference you can set in your browser to let websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. We do not currently respond to, or honor, Do Not Track signals or requests from your browser.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize
our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website, and some of our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, or opened an e-mail, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Some content and/or applications on the Website are served by third parties, including
third-party content and application providers, such as Squarespace. These third parties may
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with newsletters to which you have subscribed.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts
entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we
offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the unsubscribe button provided in the email.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized, and/or non-identifying information about our users without restriction. However, we do not, and will not, share personally identifiable information with third-parties, except in the following limited circumstances:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we may use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Holly Meyer Design, Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Holly Meyer Design, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property,
or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This may include exchanging
information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud
protection and credit risk reduction.
- With your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms should help to provide you with control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe button included with the email, or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can request that we correct or delete your personal information by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on Squarespace’s secure servers behind firewalls, and we limit the access our personnel have to you personally identifiable information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards or comment sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.